The MediTouch HandTutor physical and occupational therapy product enables functional fine motor fingers and wrist exercise and rehabilitation of the hand. The system consists of an ergonomic wearable glove and dedicated physical therapy rehabilitation software. This allows the therapist to work within the patient’s movement ability.
The HandTutor can be combined with functional electrical stimulation (FES) to increase active movement ability by introducing assisted active practice. It improves fine motor, sensory and cognitive movement ability through controlled physical therapy of hand.
The movement biofeedback glove ensures that the patient is kept motivated and challenged to do intensive practice through. The movement instructions and feedback given by the dedicated rehabilitation software prevents the development of undesired and compensatory joint movement and ensures better performance of functional tasks.
The system is used by many leading physical and occupational therapy centres worldwide and has CE and FDA certification.
- Fine motor, sensory and cognitive impairments
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Head injuries
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Muscle weakness
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Post orthopedic surgery e.g. tendon transfer
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Upper/ lower extremity movement dysfunction
- Strength and balance training
- Evaluation and analysis including speed, passive and active range of motion and motion analysis
- Documentation & Reports for objective evaluation and treatment follow up
- Controlled & Customized real-time accurate feedback on patient performance
- Motivating & Challenging rehabilitation games suitable for a wide variety of neurological and orthopedic injury and disease
- Movement biofeedback prevents development of undesired and compensatory movements